torsdag, april 26, 2007



THE GERMAN DISEASE

ok we have an early summer this year ... we completely jumped over spring directly into summer ... two days with fantastic smelling plants, fresh green leafs and grinning people ... now we arrived in the deep dark hell of german summer. ok, it's not really dark, it's light what in my opinion makes it worse. one reason why i choose riding a bike to work is - yes of course my butt - but more important it's the oportunity to stay out of the public transport system. where you are trapped with all kinds of horrible creatures you thought only exists in horrormovies or legends. but they exist. and they take the subway. so today i had to use the subway again and immediately encountered the germanicus buerocratus holidayiansis. a creature that causes eyecancer and other serious allergic reactions on first sight. remarkable features of this species are short trousers - the legs have to be of the colour of cottage cheese - in screaming colours (mine wore red ones), a socalled funshirt (balloonsilk with ridicoulous pattern) and the absolute necessary white socks in sandals. it's mediocrity on feet. even though it's somehow extreme. to me it's mediocrity, and that is the worst curse i know ... so after you noticed how horrible my morning was, and i was tortured by terrible headache yesterday - would you please stop grinning? i am talking about migrane not hangover - i deserve something nice to entertain me ... you have the whole commentbox. and if it has to be something mediocre it better is good ;D

the song of today is

artist: jack johnson
song: mediocre bad guys
album: on and on

well don't give me no comic book sad looks no more
please don't use those same excuses you've used before
mmm hmmm mmm hmmm
you told yourself so many times it's okay
so be good to try
but you just don't know how to come back down
and now you beat me up, you break me down
hoping i don't come around,
kick me when i'm on the ground,
beat me up, break me down,
hoping i don't come around,
kick me when i'm on the ground

well how about those people i know that you know the ones i mean
not so good, not so bad
only know what they have
and they have only what they've seen
them mediocre bad guys can really bring you down
they can't be defeated, and you know
they're never going to come around

they just beat me up and break me down
hoping i don't come around
kick me when i'm on the ground
beat me up, and break me down
hoping i don't come around
kick me when i'm on the ground
They just beat me up and break me down
hoping i don't come around
kick me when i'm on the ground
beat me up, and break me down
hoping i don't come around
kick me when i'm on the ground
beat me up, and break me down
hoping i don't come around
kick me when i'm on the ground
beat me up, and break me down
hoping i don't come around
kick me when i'm on the ground

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

LMAO! Well, I'll have to return later to give you something mediorce because I'm laughing too hard at moment about your description of germanicus buerocratus holidayiansis.

1:11 PM, april 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Ok, I'm back!
Now when you said mediocre the first thing that flashed in my mind was Barry Manilow. Why him?
Because the other day I heard a little story on National Public Radio saying that Donny Osmond had a new CD out of 70s love songs. Then they played Donny singing Manilow's song, "Mandy."

Donny Osmond=mediocre

Here's a link to the story and audio if you want to check this out yourself:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9786175

1:44 PM, april 26, 2007  
Blogger nico said...

well ... i always thouht noone and nothing could ruin this song ... it seems i was wrong ... damnit, now i have earcancer too

off to listen to some soothing hedwig tunes

2:11 PM, april 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

I feel as if I should send you something good now to make up for the Donny Osmond song...

3:14 PM, april 26, 2007  
Blogger Edilma said...

Here Nico...this will make it all good:

( o Y o )

You're welcome.

3:58 PM, april 26, 2007  
Blogger nico said...

=D

ed you are simply priceless

4:21 PM, april 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

I enjoyed that too, E! hehe

5:33 PM, april 26, 2007  
Blogger ::: sissi ::: said...

hah, i think this is not only a german illness ... i experienced that here as well ... it's so sad and painful ... almnost like migräne!
"go out of nico's head, migräne! did you hear me? NOW!" - i am sure that helped! ;)

1:22 AM, april 27, 2007  
Blogger nico said...

yes, when having a headache, screaming ALWAYS helps ;D

but don't worry, it's gone

9:35 AM, april 27, 2007  
Blogger Uta Refson said...

I realize my commenting here is late and irrelevent at this point
but
my sandal had broken and I was looking to get it repaired. ;D

The look you are describing takes alot of hoodspah! To look that ridiculous in a attempt to to be comfy while expressing one's self.
Daring and bold!
I say the whiter the socks the better!
The blousier and more garishly colored shirt the better!
Hell yes!
Embrace your inner dork!
Let it out!
Do a dance in your clown like fashion!
Show the world that you are proud of your ineptness to put together a civivlized outfit!
GO! BE!

Besides, it is an appreciated, blinding beacon that that is an individual I need to avoid!

So thank you to the white socked, colorful blousy shirt wearing folk of the world! I will be walking in the other direction! =D

5:36 PM, april 29, 2007  

Send en kommentar

<< Home