torsdag, april 05, 2007



HAPPY EASTER

sometimes everything just fits together ... is it destiny? i don't believe in this so i would call it coincedence and grin widely because i like things like that =D

so you might ask yourself which book i might choose to marry ... it would be my favourite one, the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy ... i don't know if you read it but to me it's the most important book ever written ... and i can say this, because i am the ministress of silly ;D

so if you are a douglas adams virgin, here's a good reason why you have to love his books:

"and then, one thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small café in rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. this time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.
sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell about it, a terrible, stupid catastrophe occured, and the idea was gone forever. ... "

and doesn't this fit excellently to easter? just as the song of the next four days?

artist: hedwig and the angry inch
song: nailed
album: hedwig and the angry inch soundtrack

by the gold light of your halo i wanna nail ya
give you lovin' and devotion that won't ever fail ya
wanna run my mouth over your wounds
and fall on the ground
and the holes in your hands and your feet they help to nail you down

nail ya down
nailed
nailed
nailed

they made you christ to get ya nailed
when you hover in the night like a holy vision
with the crimson and the purple of your incision
wanna run my fingers through your hair and over your pale skin
on the fringe, shit, jesus christ man, you sure wanna nail him

get ya nailed
nailed
nailed
nailed
they made you christ to get ya nailed

he died for me
died for no one else
he died for no one
and he'd see and complain
oh the sweet and the sigh, to pain

and your heart is left out naked and exposed
i wish that you had left more to the eye
and i can't find the words to say i love you
and why and why and why and why and why ha

nailed
nailed
nailed
it's just a fight to get ya nailed
they sent you christ to get ya nailed


(wow, two of my favourites on one day ... i really deserve little break =D )

8 Comments:

Blogger Tigerblue said...

Happy Easter Nico!

I'll have to pick that book up someday.

5:36 PM, april 05, 2007  
Blogger Tigerblue said...

Ooops! Forgot to say yeah my partner would be female!

5:38 PM, april 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

I read the Hitchhiker's book a long time ago. I should pick it up again.

Nico, did you ever read, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?" That was an interesting book.

12:17 AM, april 06, 2007  
Blogger Ale said...

A friend of mine told me about that book Minnie...I should purchase it. The problem is that I am compulsive buyer...and a slow reader...! So I have plenty of books on my bed and on my night-table
:p

12:46 PM, april 06, 2007  
Blogger nico said...

i started it, but somehow it didn't get me ... i think it was the wrong time ... i'll give it another try after i finished "a short history of tractors in ukrainia" i highly recommend this one!!!

1:05 PM, april 06, 2007  
Blogger seymour said...

HAHAHA....

Someone just gave me an electronic copy of the hitchhiker book, perhaps I should listen to it.....

Now what's this motorcycle book??

;D

1:37 PM, april 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Hahahahaha, tractors in Ukrainia....

4:16 PM, april 06, 2007  
Blogger jodi.2 said...

it's hammer time!
happy easter.

8:37 AM, april 09, 2007  

Send en kommentar

<< Home