tirsdag, april 24, 2007



HAPPY BIRTHDAY

have i ever mentioned how much i adore women with big noses? anyway, today is the birthday of one of them ... miss barbra streisand ... hmmmmm, and while i was thinking about it, i have to realize that i share my weak spot for bignosed women with mr. agassi ... yes, the tennisplayer, who was together with miss streisand for a while and is now married to? correct, steffi - big nose - graf. isn't it funny when completely useless synapses connect in your brain just for entertainment???

anyway, it's miss streisands birthday today. and my favourite movie with her was "what's up, doc?" i think i'll watch it tonight.

hmmmmmmmm... does anyone knows if mr. agassi has a weak spot for crossdressers too?

anyway, song of today

artist: barbra streisand
song: don't rain on my parade
album:

don't tell me not to fly
i've simply got to
if someone takes a spill
it's me and not you
don't bring around the cloud to rain on my parade

don't tell me not to leave
just sit and putter
life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade

i'll march my band out
i'll beat my drum
and if I'm fanned out
your turn at bat, sir
at least i didn't fake it, hat, sir
i guess i didn't make it

but whether i'm the rose of sheer perfection
a freckle on the nose of life's complexion
a Cinderella or a shine apple of an eye
i gotta fly once
i gotta try once
only can die once, right, sir?
ooh, life is juicy
juicy and you see
i gotta have my bite, sir

get ready for me love
'cause i'm a "comer"
i simply gotta march
my heart's a drummer
don't bring around the cloud to rain on my parade

yes, sir
no, sir
i'm gonna live and live now
get what i want, i know how
all that the law will allow
one roll for the whole shebang
one throw that bell will go clang
though i'm alone i'm a gang
eye on the target and wham
one shot, one gun shot and bam

hey, world, here i am...
get ready for me life, 'cause i'm a "comer"
i simply gotta march, my heart's a drummer
nobody, no, nobody, is gonna rain on my parade!

8 Comments:

Blogger Uta Refson said...

You shouldn't scare a girl like that!
Yikes!
whew!
Happy Birthday Babs.

xo

12:12 PM, april 24, 2007  
Blogger seymour said...

Yes! Should I be surprised that you enjoy Babs?? I guess not.

Well, Happy Birthday Ms.Streisand; from another Barbra fan, who happens to have a rather large shnoz as well.

12:48 PM, april 24, 2007  
Blogger Edilma said...

Hahahahahah I know the vampire hates Babs.

She's alright with me ;) So happy b-day!

So, prepare i'm going to sing now:

***clearing my throat****

PEOPLEEEEEEEE...PEOPLE WHO NEEDS PEOPLEEEEE!!!!!!!

Hahahaha, sorry i had to do that :D

By the way Steffi and I have the same birhtday ;) (June 14th)

2:32 PM, april 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Nico, as soon as I saw Barbra at the top of your post I thought of that song! It's one of my old favorite of hers.

Shhhhh, don't tell Uta but I have about 8 Barbra Streisand albums. They are all LPs and since I don't have a turn table anymore I can't listen to them. Did not convert my collection to CD. I do have a few individual songs on my iPod.

Do you know her album, Butterfly, that came out in 1974? I listened to that one a lot that year when I was in college. Oh, I'm dating myself again!

Happy Birthday Babs!

2:43 PM, april 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

P.S. I liked Barbra better when I was younger than I do now...not really sure why I'm less fond of her now.

2:54 PM, april 24, 2007  
Blogger dh said...

Babs, Steffi and even Andre...
I had a crush on all of them...
And now I have one on Nico.....

4:20 PM, april 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

OMG, now I have this in my head:


Mem'ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

5:02 PM, april 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Nico, Nico! I just realized what turned me off Babs. It was the fingernails. Ouch! ;-)

::sings, "We have nothing to be guilty for..lalala::

6:36 PM, april 24, 2007  

Send en kommentar

<< Home