tirsdag, april 03, 2007



MAYBE A BIT TOO RADICAL

ok, it seems this breakup thing is somehow epidemic ... but whatever happens, there is always hope. see what reached me this morning. my dear friend frank sent me piece of newspaper ... and i have to share this.

if you are single and sick of it, go to india and marry a book. i don't know what's wrong with the indians, last year i think a woman married a tree ...

well anyway, the reason why this 60 year old woman married the holy book of hinduism was, she didn't want to marry a guy ... completely understandable =D ... and she was sick of being called an old maid by her whole village ...

i am interested, if you are desperate enough to think of marrying a book, which one would it be?

and what is the perfect song for today? - right!

artist: ultra naté
song: if you could read my mind
album: i have no idea

if you could read my mind love
what a tale my thoughts would tell
just like an old time movie
bout a ghost from a wishingwell
in a castle dark or a fortress strong
with chains upon my feet
you know that ghost is me

i don't know where we went wrong
but the feeling's gone
and I just can't get it back
if you could read my mind, yeah

if you could read your mind love
what a tale my thoughts would tell
just like a paperback novel
the kind that drugstores sell
when you reach the part where the heartache comes
the hero would be you
heroes often fail

never thought I could feel this way
and I've got to say
that I just don't get it
i don't know where we went wrong
but the feeling's gone
and I just can't get it back

if you could read my mind
if you could if you could if you could read my mind
if you could if you could if you could read my mind

if you could read my mind love
what a tale my thoughts would tell
just like an old time movie
bout a ghost from a wishing well

if you could read my mind love
what a tale my thoughts would tell
just like a paperback novel
the kind that drugstores sell
and when you reach the part
where the heartache comes
the hero would be you
heroes often fail

9 Comments:

Blogger dh said...

Oh Nico....

tough one.
So many ...
Uhmmmmm
The dictionary - because it has passion sex love desire.... but then it also has hate crime injustice and all the others.

Is there a book called
Idiot's Guide to Sex? that might be my perfect life partner...
no wait, I will need someone else for that.

So it will have to be..
Idiot's Guide to Masturbation.

12:04 PM, april 03, 2007  
Blogger Ale said...

I would choose "Le Petit Prince", but I am not so desperated to marry a book...oh well...let's pretend I am not, ok?

12:19 PM, april 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Oh dear, Nico...all the books I can think of that I'd want to marry involve divorce or unrequited love or tragic endings...hmmmm, that is no good!

Let's see...hmmmm...I think I will marry a travel book so I can travel around the world with my love.

(Lurker makes me laugh!)

3:34 PM, april 03, 2007  
Blogger Tigerblue said...

Nico, you got me intrigued with this post. I've been reading your blog but haven't commented until now. Very interesting idea. If I were to marry a book it would have to be one of the books I read as a teenager at the library when I was hunting for anything that talked about the feelings I was having that nobody else seemed to understand. There is not a specific title. Those books helped me to be me and that's what a partner does for us too. Yes? Oh Oh! Stopping now before I spout off more crazy philosophy. Hope it makes sense. Ok, Butt I cannot marry a book cause it would get ruined when we walked in the rain.

Downloading my first Nico podcast. Cannot wait to listen.

Have a beautiful day.

5:37 PM, april 03, 2007  
Blogger nico said...

welcome to the commentbox tigerblue ... good you are here, we can use all kinds of philosophy here at the ministry ... it cannot be JUST sillyness ;D

oh and i think we can find a raincoatversion of a bookjacket for your lady (it's female, i assume?!?)

i like what you expect from your partner ... have a great day too

6:07 PM, april 03, 2007  
Blogger Uta Refson said...

Interesting question indeed........
no easy answer
I think I would actually prefer a photography book
or maybe a book of the art of the Louve.........
I think your question is too hard for me darling
but I like thinking about it =D

7:23 PM, april 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Nico, I know the book title that I would like to marry, if not the story. It is called, "Rich in Love." :-)

Such an interesting question!

8:51 PM, april 03, 2007  
Blogger Edilma said...

I'm not being difficult here, but i just don't want to get married :P but is a nice thought though.

Hola :D

2:51 PM, april 04, 2007  
Blogger seymour said...

Interesting question indeed, and one that requires much thought.

I'll go think for awhile......

1:34 PM, april 06, 2007  

Send en kommentar

<< Home