torsdag, april 19, 2007



15 MINUTES OF FAME

normally this things are hanging around at the trainstation announcing arriving and departing trains. but now, for a few days they are art. they are still hanging around in the main train station, but this time not at the tracks. and they got a nice name too. they are called "trainbirds" what explains their spreaded wings ... oh, i might have to mention that migratory birds are called "trainbirds" in german so you get the twinkle of the eye maybe ... i think this piece is beatiful and it fits to the whole moving thing that's the theme for quite a boring while on this blog now =D

so i hope you enjoy this slightly educational post and because i can't let go of this moving theme the fitting song for the trainbirds is

artist: norah jones
song: come away with me
album: come away with me

come away with me in the night
come away with me
and i will write you a song

come away with me on a bus
come away where they can't tempt us
with their lies

i want to walk with you
on a cloudy day
in fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high
so won't you try to come

come away with me and we'll kiss
on a mountaintop
come away with me
and i'll never stop loving you

and i want to wake up with the rain
falling on a tin roof
while i'm safe there in your arms
so all i ask is for you
to come away with me in the night
come away with me


(damn, i think i need a podcast to exorcise myself ;D )

6 Comments:

Blogger Uta Refson said...

groovy!
I like to be educated by you! =D
We are a wee bit podacast starved...being so long without you AND Kelka............
that seXXXy german prrrrrrrrrr with accompanying tunes being spun for us.
hope the moving is going well and you will be all settled in soon!

11:52 AM, april 19, 2007  
Blogger seymour said...

podcast?? what is this thing called podcast???

No pressure....really!

12:27 PM, april 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

I love trains! And birds! So trainbirds are way cool.

Minnie would love a podcast, btw.

2:44 PM, april 19, 2007  
Blogger dh said...

Is there a difference between trainbirds and trainchicks?

Howcome I have the tune "Come fly with me" ringing in my head Nora Jones did not sing that did she

::Come fly with me come fly come fly away....::
Oh I get it..
I have combined the "trainbirds" with
"come away with me"
My brain is playing tricks with me..
Or I might be showing my age here.

Have a good day Nico.

3:08 PM, april 19, 2007  
Blogger amy said...

hey i want one of those trainbrids in my room. they are cool :D

can you steal one for me . . . please, pretty pretty please ;D

6:26 PM, april 19, 2007  
Blogger Edilma said...

I love Norah Jones

3:30 PM, april 20, 2007  

Send en kommentar

<< Home