tirsdag, maj 22, 2007




HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERGÉ

if he didn't died in 1983 he would have become 100 today. i love comicbooks since i was a kid. a funny desease i shared with my uncle who was neither the brother of my mother nore the brother of my dad. i wonder if these things are in your genes or if you just pick them up ... anyway, this uncle, a grown up man, loved comic books. and he shared them with me. i was fascinated by these books you could understand even though you weren't really able to read. they were so much fun. and i was totally aware of the different qualities of these books. i always had a faible for the french ones. i loved - and still love - goscinny and franquin (even though i still do not know hoe to pronounce that correctly) but while i am mostly fascinated of the story here, hergé totally got me with his style of drawing. the so called "ligne claire" and of course my favourite character is not smartypants tintin, i prefer the always grumpy, and very colourful cursing captain haddock. and i think he has a tiny little alcohol problem but who could invent something like "billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles" when he is sober???

so todays question is, did you read comic books when you were little? do you still read them? what was your favourite? what is? and if you do not read them anymore, what made you stop and do you miss them?

ok, that was more than one question, but who cares =D

my all time favourite episode is number 17 explorers on the moon

so of course the song of today strikes twice. ligne claire and spacetravel

artist: the b-52's
song: planet claire
album: the b-52's

ahhhahhahhahh

she came from planet claire
i knew she came from there
she drove a Plymouth Satellite
faster than the speed of light

planet claire has pink air
all the trees are red
noone ever dies there
noone has a head

ahhhahhhahhahh

some say she's from mars
or one of the seven stars
that shine after 3:30 in the morning
WELL SHE ISN'T

ahhhahhhahhahhahhahh

17 Comments:

Blogger 0 said...

pronounciation lesson #1 :

goscinny : pronounce "go-see-nee" (as if they were english words).
franquin : i can't help you, it's too french... maybe with that : say "fran" (pronounce "an" like in "die Bilanz") and "kin" (prounouce "in" like the end of "satin" in german).

:)

oh, and i love them too !

6:38 PM, maj 22, 2007  
Blogger nico said...

thank you ...

the funny thing is, the german satin is stolen from the french, and i always thought the fran is pronounced like the one in the french france ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm franquin is so so complicated couldn't he call himself jean? i know how to pronounce jean ... maybe i should just refer to him as "the guy who drew gaston" ;D

7:40 PM, maj 22, 2007  
Blogger 0 said...

okay, i'm dumb, why did i forget to use "france" for my example, instead of spending 10 minutes on an online french-german dictionary...

"the guy who drew gaston" is good... if you can pronounce "gaston"... ;D

8:25 PM, maj 22, 2007  
Blogger Ale said...

Great nico! Just GREAT!
I do love comics :)
When I was a teenager I was a real "otaku" : obsessed with manga.
Now I read/buy:
- "Calvin & Hobbes" by Bill Watterson
- "Get Fuzzy" by Darb Conley
I also really appreciate Marjane Satrapi a lot but I have only one of her books

Now that you introduced that stuff I remember that I wanted to become a cartoonis when I was younger (don't laugh!)
wondering when/how/why my dream just disappeared...

:(

8:31 PM, maj 22, 2007  
Blogger Edilma said...

Well I did not read comic books as a kid, i read fairy tales hahahahah. But I LOVED the Tintin cartoon on tv :D

Küsse!

10:31 PM, maj 22, 2007  
Blogger seymour said...

Nope...didn't read comic books...and still don't.

11:21 PM, maj 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Nico, I loved comic books for a while when I was a kid:
Superman
Batman
Spiderman etc.

I especially liked Bizarro World in Superman.

Something put me off comics books for a while. I'll PM you.

3:10 AM, maj 23, 2007  
Blogger ::: sissi ::: said...

do you count mickey mouse as a comic book? well if so, thats what i was reading mostly and Ybbs and Fix & Foxy
... besides that (now coming to real comic books) i was obsessed with asterix & obelix :) good times.

i stopped ... why ... lack of time? seriously, i have no idea why.

sometimes i miss my whole childhood and wanna be 5 again ... that would be nice :D

1:47 PM, maj 23, 2007  
Blogger dh said...

Oh Seymour .... I always knew we were meant for each other.....
Someone else who thinks comic books are a waste of time.

2:48 PM, maj 23, 2007  
Blogger nico said...

oh lurker you big ol seriousity bigott ... nothing that gives you a smile can ever be a waste of time

and one of my favourite authors, dear wiglaf droste said this wonderful sentence that it is a precious gift to keep the ability of being five-years-old forever

maybe i should be more educational about the wonderful art of pictured books for a few days ...

4:12 PM, maj 23, 2007  
Blogger dh said...

Butt Nico the is so much info that I have to learn....
And I would give my life to be five years old again.
It just so happened that when I turned six my world came crashing down around me....
and my escape became...
infomation
infomation
infomation......
so when I do go back... i go back to Cinderella and Hansel and Grethal and Little red ridding hood
and Snow white....

4:29 PM, maj 23, 2007  
Blogger Uta Refson said...

I would very much like my time lying in the ministress's lap reading comic books with her.......
sounds divine to me........ ;D

12:29 PM, maj 24, 2007  
Blogger Tigerblue said...

Haven't read comic books but they always looked so colorful. Have you or do you read graphic novels?

3:51 PM, maj 24, 2007  
Blogger Pippi said...

Hey Nico, how are you?

I'm stepping out of lurkdom because of Gaston. When I think about Gaston and his latex doll it still makes me laugh! I loved Lucky Luke, Asterix & Obelix and The Flintstones too, but Gaston... Awww, yes I miss him, but hey! I still have the comic books!

9:46 PM, maj 24, 2007  
Blogger Ale said...

Graphic novels...Tblue you reminded me that I forgot mentioning the great Joe Sacco! And Art Spiegelman too!
Stupid me...

10:21 PM, maj 24, 2007  
Blogger Kai said...

Upcoming birthdays are fun!!!!

2:11 AM, maj 26, 2007  
Blogger Tigerblue said...

Birthdays! Where's the party!

3:07 PM, maj 26, 2007  

Send en kommentar

<< Home